Toyota New Zealand is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan and in 2018 celebrated 31 years of vehicle market leadership in New Zealand. Toyota New Zealand constantly strives to deliver customer satisfaction and continually transform themselves to meet their customer's needs and styles, passions and dreams. From the moment you enter Toyota - you will notice a difference! They back their people to do extraordinary things and believe that if you can dream it, you can do it!
At Toyota we look for people with special characteristics - drive, commitment, decision making, resilience, values and ethics and tons of initiative are just some of the attributes that we value. And if you have a desire to contribute and learn – we love that too!
Reporting to the Manager – People Development, this position will see you responsible for preparing and delivering high quality automotive based technical training to Dealer Service Technicians, Toyota New Zealand (TNZ) employees and other key stakeholders
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5- 7 years' automotive industry experience. Toyota experience is not essential however a willingness to learn new technologies and concepts is. Alongside your technical experience you will also have a real passion for sharing your knowledge and information in a way that is both authentic and relatable.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and delivering technical training
- Delivering general automotive knowledge courses to TNZ and Dealership employees
- Updating and maintaining all training courses in regard to technological changes and advancements
- Maintaining the integrity of the Training Workshop
- Providing feedback to Dealerships and TNZ departments at the completion of the course
- Attending overseas training for technical and new model information
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years’ automotive industry experience
- A passion for sharing your knowledge and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- To be competent with Microsoft Office
- A passion for sharing knowledge and information
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Excellent personal time management
- Willingness to travel as required
Are you confident that you meet all of the above? This is a great opportunity to get off the tools and share your knowledge, passion and experience with others in the industry. For the right candidate we offer a competitive salary, excellent employee benefits and the opportunity to work with a team of people that are truly as passionate about the automotive industry and you are!